[Dirvish] Backing up Windows client using smbmount - files are backed up two consecutive days after a modification

initiators at free.fr initiators at free.fr
Fri Oct 14 14:17:10 PDT 2005

Selon Paul Slootman <paul at debian.org>:

> I suggest passing the option --modify-window=2 to rsync, as windows
> apparently can't always preserve timestamps down to 1 sec accuracy.
> Use:
> rsync-option:
>     --modify-window=2
> in your dirvish config file.
>
> Use 'stat' on both "versions" of the file (on the linux system), and see
> what the differences may be.

I didn't knew the stat command so I didn't check the seconds part of the
timestamps.
That's it, stat gives me one second difference on the modify date of the two
versions.

It's still quite strange as the time reported by Windows in not a "random" plus
or minus one second, and not all files are affected by this problem.
For the files affected by this problem the first day I have a time, and then the
second and all consecutive days (four consecutive is the max I've found so far)
the time is one second earlier.
I've never noticed this timestamp problem before, but Windows backup software
use the archive attribute and not timestamps.

Thanks