[Dirvish] Backing up Windows client using smbmount - files are backed up two consecutive days after a modification

Paul Slootman paul at debian.org
Fri Oct 14 10:06:47 PDT 2005

On Fri 14 Oct 2005, initiators at free.fr wrote:

> I'm testing the backup of Windows clients using smbmount because my
> Samba migration isn't finished yet and I'll have to use Dirvish to
> backup a PC that runs a specific software on Windows.

I suggest passing the option --modify-window=2 to rsync, as windows
apparently can't always preserve timestamps down to 1 sec accuracy.
Use:
rsync-option:
    --modify-window=2
in your dirvish config file.

> root at debian:~ # dirvish-locate mytestvault ipcop
> 1 matches in 9 images
> /mount/smbmount/files/ipcop-1.4.4.iso
>     mar 25  2005 20051013, 20051012
>     mar 25  2005 20051011

Use 'stat' on both "versions" of the file (on the linux system), and see
what the differences may be.

Paul Slootman