[Dirvish] manually expiring backups

dirvish at rain4us.net dirvish at rain4us.net
Tue Oct 11 15:08:42 PDT 2005

Ok...so I need to expire some vaults prematurely.  The
/etc/dirvish/master.conf file has "expire-default: +1 year"

For those vaults where an expire time is not listed, it gets stamped with
one year.  Fine.. I understand that.  What I'm fighting is trying to
modify a vault/job so that it will expire and get deleted next time that
dirvish-expire runs.

As I sit here and write this, I realize that in practicality,  I can
manually just go in and 'rm -r' the backup sets I want to eliminate.  So
for now, I guess the emergency is ..nonexistant..  HOWEVER!  How would one
change the expire time on a set?  I've tried editing the Expire: value in
/$BANK/$VAULT/$DATE/summary, but it doesn't seem to help.
'dirvish-expire' doesn't seem to get rid of certain $DATEs.

Once I know that answer, I'll be able to go in and manually set certain
backups to never expire.

Am I approaching my methodology correctly?

--
Richhrd