[Dirvish] rsh: alternatives

Warren Sanders wsand70 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 13:27:50 PDT 2005

I really don't want to install rsync for windows and use samba mounts
pretty regularly.  What my dilemma is is with the rsh: derivative.

"This remote shell command will be used not only as the default rsync
transport but also for any pre-client and post-client commands."

That just doesn't make sense.  Why do I need to ssh my localhost?  Is
there no other option to backup to itself without authentication?  Not
sure can even create keys for yourself so you didn't have to enter
password.

Looking for insight...

Thanks,
--