[Dirvish] Oregon State Open Source Labs moving to dirvish

ml-it-dirvish at epigenomics.com ml-it-dirvish at epigenomics.com
Sun Oct 2 06:37:38 PDT 2005

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 22:19:28 -0700,
 Keith Lofstrom <keithl at kl-ic.com> wrote:

> My huncher says "do it", but we decide on this together.  Ideas?
> Opinions?

This sounds like a good idea to me. It would put dirvish into a larger
developer community as it may have today.

Although I think that dirvish is quite mature already. There are only
two things that I am missing in 1.2 versions:

- rsync return code 24 should only give a warning (this is already
  addressed in 1.3 versions)
- should be possible to run multiple vaults in parallel to speed up
  overall processing.

Greetings
--
Robert Sander                     Senior Manager Information Systems
Epigenomics AG    Kleine Praesidentenstr. 1    10178 Berlin, Germany
http://www.epigenomics.com             robert.sander at epigenomics.com

A physicist is an atom's way of knowing about atoms.
		-- George Wald