[Dirvish] Experimental version 1.3.1 (delayed reply)

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Sat Oct 1 18:50:47 PDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 01:19:37PM +0200, Paul Slootman wrote:
> This is already where it goes wrong for me. In my version, the following
> lines are prepended:
>
> #!/usr/bin/perl
> #----------------------------
> # Configured by Module::Build
> # on Wed Aug 17 13:12:31 2005
> # these lines prepended by ./Build
>
> $CONFDIR = /etc/dirvish;
> use        /usr/share/dirvish/dirvish.pl;
>
> Note no quotes round the $CONFDIR value, no 'use lib' and no
> dirvishlib...

The code has been corrected;  somehow an old version got sent up there.

> BTW, wouldn't it make sense to do "chmod 755 Build.PL" before making the
> tarball? Then the chmod instruction could go away...

For some mysterious reason, Module::Build strips the execution bits
when making the tar file.  I changed the instructions in INSTALL, so
that you now do a "perl Build.PL" .  Someday, I will get down into
the bowels of Module::Build and see how to keep it from fooling
with permissions.  Probably an undocumented command line option...

Sorry for the delay in getting to this.  Note, I have just tested
the changes on the test directories on my laptop, the machine I
use for alternate backup server tests is not available today, so
this is not tested as thoroughly as I would like.