[Dirvish] dirvish and weeding out duplicates

Carel Fellinger cf-2003-nn at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 15 11:56:18 EST 2005

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 11:24:29AM -0500, Jason Boxman wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 November 2005 09:42, Carel Fellinger wrote:

whow, what a fast reacting list, the second reply in seconds.

> freedups exploded when I ran it against a vault with a few million files in
> various snapshots.  I wouldn't recommend it as a production solution.  As

that's what I read on the wike...

> suggested by Dave, just ensure you have enough space for your operational
> requirements and you should be fine.
>The space savings from freedups isn't
> worth the enormous memory and processor load it requires.

...and here is were I ment to kick in.  I thought I had a simple and
cheap solution highly specific to dirvish to accomplish the same as
freedups.  But apparantly I failed to show its simplicity:)

--
groetjes, carel