[Dirvish] cron job

Warren Sanders warren at sandersonline.org
Fri Jul 29 09:48:50 PDT 2005

On Wed 27 Jul 2005, Paul Slootman wrote:

 >On Wed 27 Jul 2005, Warren Sanders wrote:
 >
 >> 10 12 * * *  /usr/local/sbin/dirvish-expire  ;
/usr/local/sbin/dirvish-runall
 >> Root mail:
 > >
 > >12:10:03 dirvish --vault soyo-home
 > >12:10:03 dirvish --vault soyo-etc
 > >12:10:03 dirvish --vault soyo-var
 > >12:10:03 done
 > >
 > >I'm running CentOS 4 connecting to a FC3 using authkeys. SE-Linux is
 > >turned off. If I manually run these commands it runs perfect. Next I
guess
 > >I will test something else as a cron.
 >
 >Is perhaps dirvish itself installed in /usr/local/sbin as well, and is
 >that in your $PATH if you run it manually?
 >
 >BTW: I generally create a little shell script instead of putting more
 >than one command in a crontab line. Makes it a little easier to test
 >exactly what's to be done, or to add some debug stuff.

Sorry to break any threads.  I am not getting reply messages to my mail
server so I am replying to the archives.

Thanks Paul for pointing out the path issue.  I now have it working!
Just added a line to my crontab:

PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin

Don't tell me... it's probably some big no-no security hazard and I
should have moved or symlinked it.

Thanks again,

--
Warren Sanders