[Dirvish] LVM2 and dirvish

Jason Boxman jasonb at edseek.com
Sat Feb 26 17:34:34 PST 2005

On Saturday 26 February 2005 15:30, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
<snip>
> Tell us more!  I am interested in building automated whole-drive
> restore scripts, and LVM looks like an interesting alternative.
> What stock distros does it work with?  Can you set it up during
> install, or is this something done later?  Does it play nicely
> with ReiserFS?  Can a reasonably safe restore-via-rsync be done
> with it?  Don't restrict yourself to those questions, of course.

Oops.  I forgot to mention you'd still want to include partition information
with `sfdisk`, since for a single machine install you're likely to have at
least a swap partition and a partition which LVM2 uses as a physical volume.
So that's a minimum of two partition entries and possibly a third for /boot
if you want to use GRUB.

--

Jason Boxman
Perl Programmer / *NIX Systems Administrator