[Dirvish] LVM2 and dirvish

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Sat Feb 26 12:30:23 PST 2005

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 04:00:39PM -0500, Jason Boxman wrote:
> I've been using LVM2 of late and liking it a lot.

Tell us more!  I am interested in building automated whole-drive
restore scripts, and LVM looks like an interesting alternative.
What stock distros does it work with?  Can you set it up during
install, or is this something done later?  Does it play nicely
with ReiserFS?  Can a reasonably safe restore-via-rsync be done
with it?  Don't restrict yourself to those questions, of course.