[Dirvish] File Reorginization?

Steve Ramage dirvishusersspammedme at sjrx.net
Fri Feb 25 02:20:03 PST 2005

Lets say I wanted to do a major reorginzation of the files in one of my
vaults. I've basically just been throwing stuff in my "My Documents"
folder since high school and its become quiet a mess. Lets say I spent a
day doing spring cleaning, is there a way that after the end of it, I
could get dirvish or rsync to be able to hardlink the changed files and
folder structure? I understand it would take a while, but maybe once I
known it had been done, run a command that takes two arguements, last
days deposit, and today's, generates a list of file sizes, modification
dates, and md5sums for both. Then checks todays vault for a file from
yesterday if its not in the same positition, search the list, and if
they match, maybe do a more exhaustive check of the files, but if they
match, delete the new one and hardlink it to the old one?

Steve Ramage

Steve Ramage
SJrX Networks
http://www.sjrx.net.