[Dirvish] Considering a 1.2.1 release
keithl at kl-ic.com
Thu Feb 17 17:22:13 PST 2005
The 1.3.1 release, with refactoring, and bugfixes, and changes in
the expire, and changes to documentation, and changes in the install,
is becoming somewhat ambitious. Meaning that it will take some weeks
to prepare, and more weeks to test.
What would people think if we made a 1.2.1 bugfix release, with just
a few simple fixes? See the whole list (except for 4 below) at:
What goes into 1.2.1, and what is left out, is not based on how good the
fixes are, but how much testing they need. I propose the following ONLY:
1) Rsync error 24: changed from "error" to "warning"
2) BadShellCommandCWD: fix the inverted logic that sets the CWD
for pre-client and post-client scripts
3) Take the "core" line out of the example excludes . Doc fix only.
4) As noted by nawirb, fix the existing (distro unfriendly) install
script to change "==" to "=" and fix the #!/bin/sh line.
And (5) *maybe* Eric's SpacesInSource fix. That one actually adds some
extra functionality, and while it is small I would rather test it as part
of 1.3.1 . But I can go either way.
If we do a 1.2.1, we can do it soon. The changes are pretty small,
and I would be willing to start testing them on my main dirvish
machine right away. We could probably release it in a week or two.
Then we get on with 1.3.1. The big delay right now is figuring out
some expire rmtree() issues, and figuring out how to install in a
distro-friendly, perl-friendly way. That should be resolved by the
end of the month.
What do folks think?
Keith Lofstrom keithl at keithl.com Voice (503)-520-1993
KLIC --- Keith Lofstrom Integrated Circuits --- "Your Ideas in Silicon"
Design Contracting in Bipolar and CMOS - Analog, Digital, and Scan ICs
More information about the Dirvish