[Dirvish] Failure to initialize vault

Wayne F bwaynef at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 17 10:02:57 PST 2005

I get this error when trying to initialize a vault:
(dirvish --init --vault home //this was the command I used to initialize.
Not actually in the error.)

dirvish home:default error (23) -- partial transfer
Warning: start=63 - this looks like a partition rather than
the entire disk. Using fdisk on it is probably meaningless.
[Use the --force option if you really want this]
dirvish error: branch /backup/dirvish/localhost/home:default image
2005-0217-0843 failed

I can access /backup/dirvish/localhost/home/(directory)/tree and look at the
files.

dirvish-runall says that no default for branch (or something similar) is
found.  That makes sense because the vault never initialized.  When trying
to initialize another vault set up exactly the same way I get no errors.
The default.conf files are as follows

client: localhost
tree: /mnt/net/poasrv/home/
xdev: true
index: gzip
image-default: %Y-%m%d-%H%M

(The other is just like that save the line "tree: /mnt/net/poasrv/shared/")

Has anyone ever come across this before?

Thanks

Wayne F.