[Dirvish] Subversion Version Control system set up for dirvish

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Wed Feb 9 23:26:20 PST 2005

I set up Subversion, a version control system, to keep track of the
development of dirvish.  It is available for public view at:

  http://www.dirvish.org/viewcvs/

I set up the following branch directories for:

  dirvish1.2      (unchanged)
  dirvish1.3.1    First test release candidate (empty right now)
  dirvish1.3.esm  Eric Mountain's working area
  dirvish1.3.khl  Keith Lofstrom's working area
  contrib         For other contributed programs (i.e. tidy-script.sh )

Changing the files will require (1) learning about subversion,
and (2) getting a username and password from me.   I can do the
commits for you if you send me a tar file.

I am still learning how this all works;  we may have to do ripup and
replace on it.  But stop by and browse.

Installing subversion is tricky - I had to rebuild from source.  You
can practice subversion read commands on the archive.  For example,
you can do a checkout to get a copy of the contrib area:

  svn checkout http://www.dirvish.org/svn/contrib

That will pull all the directories and files out of contrib and put
them in your working directory.  You can also download from the web
page.