[Dirvish] Subversion and ViewCVS set up for dirvish development

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Fri Feb 4 10:22:30 PST 2005

After far too much delay, I have set up a Subversion version control
system at www.dirvish.org, along with a ViewCVS viewer for those of
you without write access.  Note that some of the recent revisions
mention "ericm" as submitter;  he did not do them, I was testing
alternate user names.

You can look at the most recent snapshot of the development tree
with:  http://www.dirvish.org/svn/

And you can look at the whole development tree with:
       http://www.dirvish.org/viewcvs/

For now, just unmodified 1.2 is in there.

Note, for most of you, this will be write-only.  I will not be passing
out write access passwords to everyone;  instead, I will be adding
folks one at a time as I see if they can mesh with the existing
committers.  In the meantime, if you want to submit a patch, discuss
it on the list, and after we reach a crude consensus, I will add the
patch myself.  This is to keep untested, undocumented patches out of
the tree.  If you are uncomfortable documenting patches, I can help
you with that.

The repository just got made;  I'm pretty sure we will rebuild it
after folks have had time to work with it, so don't commit anything
you can't re-commit later.

Meanwhile, those of you planning on submitting patches directly should
learn about subversion at the site, http://subversion.tigris.org/ .
The latest PDF version of the O'Reilly subversion book is on line at
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/svn-book.pdf .  And if you are
curious about how I set up subversion, you can look at my notes at
http://www.keithl.com/subversion_setup.html  .  It was painful.