[Dirvish] Multiple filesystems

Jason Boxman jasonb at edseek.com
Wed Feb 2 14:19:37 PST 2005

On Wednesday 02 February 2005 16:52, Zachary Fortna wrote:
> We have numerous linux clients which have multiple filesystems (/, /var,
> /usr, etc).  How can I back up all the filesystems with 1 rsync operation?
> Or is that not possible.  I don't want to have multiple directories for
> each of the filesystems.

It's rather straight forward, actually.  With recent versions of `rsync`
excludes work mostly the way you'd expect.  Just ensure you exclude the files
in the magic directories that'll cause problems, like /proc.

The configuration below works for me for a full system. exclude: is a
multivalue keyword, so any entries _must_ be indented in some fashion and
follow on the succeeding line(s), or Dirvish silently ignores them.

client: root at 192.168.13.10
tree: /
xdev: 0
index: gzip