[Dirvish] Reply-to for dirvish list

Paul Slootman paul at debian.org
Tue Dec 28 01:30:56 PST 2004

On Sun 26 Dec 2004, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> The "reply-to" for dirvish is currently set to original mail poster
> only, as the "mailman" tool suggests.  This means that to respond to
> the list, you must use a "group" reply ( "g" in mutt ) rather than a
> simple reply ( "r" in mutt ), which responds only to the "reply-to"
> of the original mail poster.

I always add mailing lists to the 'subscribe' list in .muttrc, so I can
use L to reply to the list, irrespective of what's in the reply-to...

> Many lists I subscribe to have mailman configured for "reply-goes-to-list",
> which leaves the original email poster's reply-to intact, but adds a
> reply-to for the list.  I prefer this behavior myself, but some of you
> may have strong feelings against it.  What is your opinion?

I find having a reply-to to the list by default preferable. I've often
received personal replies to mailing list messages by accident, and that
just wastes everyone's time.

Paul Slootman