[SPAM] - [Dirvish] Per Vault Expiry - Email found in subject

Jeff Hedlund jeff.hedlund at elsym.com
Mon Dec 27 10:04:32 PST 2004

Steve Ramage wrote:
> Asked this a while ago on Dirvish Users
> Is it possible to set per vault expiry patterns, as for instance my USB
> drive isn't gaurenteed to always be there, so I would like to have the
> backups expire less aggresively

You can set your expire-default and/or expire-rule in your .conf file of
your vault's dirvish/ directory to override any configurations.

I have a set of conf files that I include in my vault conf (using the
"config:" directive) files depending on their use.  For instance, I have
an "hourly.conf" and a "daily.conf" that have different expiration
patterns.  (note: those two files are located in my /etc/dirvish/
directory).

Jeff
jeff.hedlund at elsym.com

This email and any attachments are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the
named addressee. If you have received this email in error please contact Elsym Consulting,
Inc.