[Dirvish] Extra Security

Steve Ramage dirvishusersspammedme at sjrx.net
Mon Dec 27 09:53:49 PST 2004

I asked this a while ago on the Dirvish Users Message board.

 I would like my vault to be as stable and secure as possible, yet
remain 'accessible'. What I was wondering as an extra layer of security
was to set chattr +i on all my files. The drawback being that iirc I
can't hardlink files anymore. But I was wondering would it be 'safe' to
have something go before dirvish runs and chattr -i everything, run
dirvish, then chattr +i everything. I use a similar method for my music
files, except it just chattr +i 's everything at 7 am.