[Dirvish] Reply-to for dirvish list

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Sun Dec 26 06:11:56 PST 2004

The "reply-to" for dirvish is currently set to original mail poster
only, as the "mailman" tool suggests.  This means that to respond to
the list, you must use a "group" reply ( "g" in mutt ) rather than a
simple reply ( "r" in mutt ), which responds only to the "reply-to"
of the original mail poster.

Many lists I subscribe to have mailman configured for "reply-goes-to-list",
which leaves the original email poster's reply-to intact, but adds a
reply-to for the list.  I prefer this behavior myself, but some of you
may have strong feelings against it.  What is your opinion?

For two sides of the issue, see:
     http://marc.merlins.org/netrants/reply-to-useful.html

Whichever way we go, I will need to change the monthly mailout and
list info page to reflect the actual behavior of the list.