[Dirvish] Where do YOU install dirvish?

Eric Mountain em-dirvish-1 at nerim.net
Wed Dec 22 13:24:02 PST 2004

On Wednesday 22 Dec 2004 20:29, Paul Slootman spake thus:
> The loadconfig.pl file is integrated into the different "executables"
> during the build, so at runtime you wouldn't need to have it installed.
> Note that I haven't had time to look at the 1.3 version yet...

The tarball I made available yesterday (1.3.0-esm) makes loadconfig.pl a
module, so it is installed separately.

> If it needs to be installed separately, Debian policy dictates that it
> should go either in /usr/lib/perl5 or /usr/share/perl5. See
> http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/perl-policy/ for a pretty
> comprehensive guide on packaging perl stuff under Debian.

Module::Build (and the alternative ExtUtils::MakeMaker) follows these rules.
In fact after a quick read through it looks to me like the Debian policy and
these tools agree.

Cheers,
--
Eric Mountain