[Dirvish] Where do YOU install dirvish?

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Wed Dec 22 08:44:28 PST 2004

The default install locations for dirvish 1.1.2 and 1.2 are:

Perl:                  /usr/bin/perl
Dirvish executables:   /sbin
Dirvish manpages:      /usr/share/man
Dirvish config files:  /etc/dirvish

On my Fedora Core 1 machine, and my Knoppix/Debian test machine,
dirvish is installed:

Perl:                  /usr/bin/perl
Dirvish executables:   /usr/local/sbin   (different!)
Dirvish manpages:      /usr/share/man
Dirvish config files:  /etc/dirvish

Doug's offering:

Perl:                  /usr/bin/perl
Dirvish executables:   /usr/local/sbin
Dirvish manpages:      /usr/local/man
Dirvish config files:  /etc/dirvish

Where do you put dirvish, and why?  And where would you put the .pl
library (currently called loadconfig)  that is common to the four
executables?  I would especially like to hear from SUSE and other
distro users, as well as BSD and Sun users.