[Dirvish] Dirvish version 1.3.0 now available

Jason Boxman jasonb at edseek.com
Thu Dec 16 22:52:25 PST 2004

On Friday 17 December 2004 01:05, Doug Hanks wrote:
> Dirvish version 1.3.0 is now available.  Dirvish has been upgraded
> slightly with a beta release of GNU autoconf.
>
> http://sudosh.sourceforge.net/dirvish-1.3.0.tar.gz
>
> Major changes since Dirvish 1.2.0:
>  o Added GNU configure
>  o Created custom configure.in to search for rsync, ssh, perl and all
> of the required perl libraries.

Nice.

> Please beta test this release and provide feedback and bugs so that
> they may be corrected in the next release.

  File::Find...............: yes
  Getopt::Long.............: yes
  Time::ParseDate..........: no
  Time::Period.............: no

Should a missing module be fatal?  The prerequisites are listed in INSTALL, so
I'd think not.  Should the executable files be forced `chmod 755` like the
man pages are to 644 at `make install` time?

I attached a minor text edit to INSTALL to reflect the new ./configure
process.

--

Jason Boxman
Perl Programmer / *NIX Systems Administrator