[Dirvish] Article on Dirvish in Sys Admin magazine

Steve Ramage dirvishspammedme at sjrx.net
Tue Dec 14 12:09:07 PST 2004

I can't speak for Macs but afaik there is no way to do a full drive
restore using Dirvish / Rsync. Reason being is that newer versions of
windows have virtual file's that don't exist themselves but are stored
elsewhere in places you don't see. Futhermore I can't see of a way to
'copy' the files back to an NTFS medium.

You could probably do this with Windows 95/NT (on FAT16), possibly
Windows 98 & ME, but I don't think you could do it in 2000, or XP or
above, imho.

Steve R