[Dirvish] TODO for Dirvish

Eric Mountain em-dirvish-1 at nerim.net
Tue Dec 7 14:08:22 PST 2004

On Tuesday 07 Dec 2004 22:56, Doug Hanks spake thus:
> Delete the custom install scripts.  The admins would use "./configure"
> "make" and then "make install"  We'll convert the old .pl scripts or
> whatever into the libtool magic.

This would also make package maintainers' lives' easier...

Note that part of the current "magic" involves appending the loadconfig
functionality into each of the dirvish scripts.  The nice thing to do would
be to move all the logic into modules, and reduce the dirvish scripts to
simple "frontends" (in fact there could be just one real frontend script, the
others could be symlinks to it (to maintain backward compatibility)).  We'd
avoid a fair amount of duplication (e.g. loadconfig) and it would make unit
testing easier.

Cheers,
Eric